Modern manufacturers have created a particular category of furniture for convenient work at the table – an adjustable table. This table model allows the user to work both standing and sitting. In addition, this type of furniture can take into account the characteristics of human growth, thus allowing you to set the most optimal parameters for each user. This is convenient and practical since there is no need to buy several tables at once to perform the same tasks but in different positions. Thanks to this, you can use the same table in different ways.
Tables with height adjustment are becoming increasingly popular in office interiors. The growing interest in them is a direct result of many studies, according to which the constant work in a sitting position causes great harm to human health. That is why many people want to buy an adjustable-height table today. You can contact only trusted stores if you are searching for a standing desk.
Lifting Device Types
- Mechanical. There are two types: stepped (the height is changed by moving the tabletop along speciuniqueal grooves pre-installed at certain levels) and screw (work is based on the circular rotation of the legs).
- Electrical. Works automatically at the push of a button, powered by electricity.
Types depending on the structure and function
- Writing. Often, in such options, there is also a function to change the angle of the tabletop. It is very convenient for school children but unsuitable for computer installation. But unsuitableMost typically, these options have mechanical regulation mechanisms.
- Computer. Ideally, the computer will not overheat during constant operation if this option contains a cooling system. Also, this model differs in size; it provides a place for a mouse, keyboard, and a particular compartment (platform) for the system unit under the table. The variant of the folding surface can contain two elements: the first for the computer and the second for the worker's hand. Bedside models are equipped with convenient wheels for quick movement around the room. Usually, they are L-shaped or T-shaped, which is very convenient.
- Office. Such options are more functional and have various additional functions (sockets, footrests, shelves, etc.). Also, standing tables are suitable for office and negotiations; it is convenient to choose them for any worker growth.
Which material to choose for a standing desk?
Standing desks come in all shapes, sizes, and designs, so choosing a suitable tabletop isn’t always easy.
From a bamboo standing desk to a wood standing desk, here are some suggestions of which material to choose.
Bamboo isn’t just a substance that pandas can’t get enough of; it turns out that bamboo is also a valuable material for making tabletops for desks.
Bamboo standing desk sales shot up last year during the lockdown, and as more and more businesses welcome people back into their offices, you’ll likely find that bamboo standing desk options increase noticeably as the months pass by.
The only downside to bamboo standing desk products is that bamboo, despite looking like hardwood, is relatively soft, so that it can scratch and dent easily; you will need to be careful if you want to keep it in the best possible condition.
Wood standing desk sales have done exceptionally well since people started working from home more, and we can see why.
Wood standing desks look great; they’re very hardwearing and durable, they can be customized, and they’re beautiful looking and go very well with a whole variety of different decors and styles of office.
Hardwood is not cheap, and it is often associated with lavish, stylish, sophisticated, and upmarket offices and layouts. A hardwood often associated with an excellent, modern, sophisticated, standing desk is a way to go if you want to give your office a professional and elegant look.
Hardwood not only looks great, especially after being polished and waxed, but it is also very tough, and if you look after it, it will last years upon years with no issues at all.
If you are looking for a wood-standing desk, if you opt for a hardwood, you certainly won’t be disappointed.
Standing desk tips: What do you think you should pay attention to?
How do you think you could choose an adjustable height table? When choosing, be sure to pay attention to the following parameters: width—table Width - The distance from the back of the table to the front. The minimum product width generally depends on the width of the table legs. You need to choose the width according to your needs, depending on what will be placed on the tabletop: just a monitor and keyboard or something else.
Maximum load. The higher the entire burden of the product, the more stable it will be. This is especially noticeable in a standing position for work.
Length interval. The length of a height-adjustable table is the distance from the right to the left edge of the product when sitting at the table. The minimum length often depends on the less-than-acceptable distance between the table legs. You need to select the size according to your needs, depending on what items you plan to place on the countertop on either side of you, for example: hanging cabinets to the right and left of the central part.
Peculiarities. The option to remember the height position is one of the most important for a motorized table. Thanks to him, it will be enough only once to adjust the table size for sitting and standing to ensure the most incredible comfort when working on the product.
Adjustment. The electric option for height adjustment is available only for tables with an electric motor, which requires a network connection and is carried out using a unique control panel. Products with mechanical adjustment have different mechanisms. They are less expensive but less convenient for frequent changes in table height.
If you buy a standing desk following the recommendations described above, you can get a high-quality and optimal product.
If the table cannot be adjusted in height and the workflow is very monotonous, several problems arise:
- Dissatisfaction and irritability
- Tension and chronic bad posture
- Decreased quality of work and concentration → inefficiency
- Difficulties with motivation due to the uniformity of physical activity
- Circulatory problems
Why are tables with height adjustment attractive?
The standing desks for home allow a person to change the body's position in the work process constantly. The constant change of places has a positive effect on a person:
- helps to strengthen the muscles of the back;
- increases labor productivity;
- relieves the feeling of numbness and discomfort.
The height-adjustable table is divided into the following groups:
- Models on one leg can be used as a compact computer table, changing table, or monitor. The presence of rollers will also make it mobile and provide effortless movement around the room;
- Height adjustable desk for office on two legs. It is used as a computer or writing table, it is presented in a wide range of styles, sizes, colors, and shapes;
- The table is on three legs. It can be a large corner table or a model with an asymmetrical top. This design has a reasonably large area, allows you to place all the necessary equipment, equipment, and documents is suitable for conference rooms, and can also be used as a dining table.
The range of tables with adjustment is represented by models that differ in design and technical featuresRe choosing and buying a table with height adjustment, you should decide:
- with its future scope and functional tasks;
- with the desired range of table height adjustment, table-top dimensions;
- with the style of the model and color performance.
If you want to know how to make a standing desk and why, the first thing you should know – is the best option for people who spend a lot of time sitting. This furniture model allows you to alternate sitting with standing, train muscles, and avoid musculoskeletal discomfort. At such a table, a person feels comfortable, gets tired less often, and is also in a good mood.
Features of the choice of tables with adjustable height
How do you choose the correct size adjustable table? When choosing, it is essential to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Width interval. Table width is the distance from the back of the table to the front. As a rule, the minimum width of the product depends on the width of the table legs. You must decide the width according to your needs, depending on what will be placed on the countertop: only the monitor, keyboard, or something else.
- Maximum load. The higher the entire burden of the product, the more stable it will be. This is especially noticeable in a standing position for work.
- Length interval. The adjustable height desk length is the distance from the right to the left edge of the product when sitting at the table. The minimum size often depends on the least allowable distance between the table legs. You need to select the length according to your needs, depending on what items you plan to place on the countertop on either side of you, for example: hanging cabinets to the right and left of the central part.
- Peculiarities. The option to remember the height position is one of the most important for a motorized table. Thanks to it, it will be enough just once to adjust the table height for sitting and standing to ensure the most incredible comfort when working on the product.
- Adjustment. The electric height adjustment option is available only for tables with an electric motor, which requires a network connection and is carried out using a unique control panel. Products with mechanical adjustment have different mechanisms. They are less expensive but less convenient for frequent changes in table height.
If you buy an adjustable home office desk, following the recommendations described above, you can get a high-quality and optimal product.